Mobile marketing has steadily been growing within the last couple of years and it is expected to double each year for the following five years, as more and more people get smartphones or any other wireless cellular devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will grow into an $20 billion industry.
If you're still in the Dark Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it's a method to engage with those customers who just use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to use the web. The important thing word here's "engage" - building relationships together with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is also a preferred method of marketing to your customers as they have to give permission to do this. Including hitting a link to opt in, or downloading an app. Your customer can buy your offer immediately and even pay it off from his mobile device, giving instant gratification.
One more reason why mobile marketing is preferred, is the demographics: your mobile user's age group comes from 18 to 49 who will often have a diploma and a higher paying occupation to become in a position to afford the device.
Other advantages of mobile marketing:
1. It is more affordable than other kinds of advertising, only a normal text fee.
2. You can reach out to people anywhere - you are not limited to your physical area, but to wherever the cell phone is you are trying to reach.
3. The response rates are higher than with a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile phone is a personal item belonging to only one person. You are able to therefore target your marketing more precisely to that person or perhaps a group of people like him.
5. The mobile device has joined the wallet and keys as something you always take with you. Which means that you are able to reach your customer anywhere at any time and they will read your message almost instantly and act on it.
6. You can easily pay from the mobile device as payment processors are made into them.
7. You can track the instalments back to the mobile number meaning you can create an account of the customer and the buying preferences.
8. You can accurately appraise the success rate of the advertising due to having the ability to track sales.
9. The mobile is highly interactive as the customer can text back with questions should he have.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is rather new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This will make you and your messages stand out.
11. Your customer can easily share his messages with other people, which gives your advertisements the potential to visit viral.
You owe it for your business to check out mobile marketing like a new tool to promote straight to your target market.